For those of you who are working last minute (like me!) to advise the bunny on how fill your kiddos Easter baskets with sugar free treats, I wanted to share some ideas for non candy (or the best candy!) inspiration.
- water bottles
- bunny ears
- easter stuffies (the girls are asking for bunny beanie boos!)
- books/coloring books/sticker books
- coloring pencils, fun pens, easter pencils, markers
- sidewalk chalk (perfect for hopscotch or artistic endeavors!)
- hair clips/hair elastics
- nail polish/makeup/lipgloss (choose non-toxic! - our favorite nail polishes are Zoya and David's Tea have all natural tea infused chapsticks which are divine!)
- play doh
- silly putty
- jump rope/exercise bands
- rubber boots
- flip flops
- sand toys
- Easter dress
- bicycle helmet
- gardening gloves and tools
As far as the candy that our girls find in their baskets; they usually find a few small dark chocolate eggs, one small dark chocolate hollow bunny, and have an Easter egg hunt to find the plastic eggs filled with Amy's bunny crackers, pretzels, and a few bunny cookies. We keep & recycle the plastic eggs for the bunny each year so that we are not tossing all that plastic - the less plastic the better over here.
Wishing you and your family a Happy, Healthy Easter filled with lots of great memories!