Pancakes are such a hit around here and this recipe is such a good way to sneak a balanced meal into the kids. I've even pureed spinach into this recipe to get veggies in too - green pancakes!
You can also experiment and add pureed pumpkin or sweet potato. I hope that your family enjoys these as much as we do!
- 1 cup large flake oats (can use gluten free)
- 1 large banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp real cinnamon
- 1 tsp real vanilla
- 2 tbsp's ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup milk of your choice
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a high powered blender and pour into rounds (or whatever shape you like!) on a griddle or a lightly sprayed skillet.
- Flip and cook both sides until light brown.
- We drizzle them with a touch of real maple syrup and top with organic berries (fresh or thawed from frozen which makes them syrup'ey) Bon Apetit!
- You may have to fiddle to see what amount of milk to use to achieve the consistency that you like. We use Organic Valley 2% Milk for pancakes for the girls. I have also used unsweetened almond and coconut milks and they work well, just a little thinner consistency.