I love this dish. Every time I make it I'll eat it (and maybe more veggies ;-)) for dinner for an entire week. Lentils are high in iron, fiber and protein. Mix them with some veggies and they make a fabulous meal.
Curried Lentils & Cauliflower
Write a review
- 2 cups of lentils (I used Arrowhead Mills Organic), color of your choice
- 1x head organic cauliflower (washed & cut)
- 1x yellow onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 cloves of garlic minced or pressed
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- Soak the lentils in 4 cups of water for 4-6 hours (sometimes I soak them overnight). Drain and rinse the lentils. In a saucepan cook the lentils in 4 cups of water, bring to a boil and simmer. Add the cauliflower once the lentils are simmering and cover until the water is absorbed. In a skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil over low heat. Add the lentil/cauliflower mixture and evenly sprinkle the spices over the lentils mixing everything thoroughly. Cook until the cauliflower softens a touch. If the mixture is drying out you can add water as you are cooking and another tablespoon of coconut oil if you like. Serve and enjoy!!
Healthy & Happy http://health-fanatic.com/