When I was in England last week, a friend and I headed out to a Pub in Sussex called the Black Cat pub. We were prepared for typical pub grub and were pleasantly surprised to find a robust menu with lots of healthy options. We started out sharing a bowl of green olives which were ahhhmazing, in fact, I'm dying to know what type they were because I've never had any like it. They were pretty big and crunchy. I've eaten a lot of green olives but none have compared to these. If anyone knows what type they might be, please let me know!
Onto the main course (did I mention that the Prosecco that they had was also amazing?). Ok, focus Tania 😬. The main that I chose was a chickpea stew with kale and a piece of either steamed or baked cod on top. It was delish and I knew thought that it would be fairly easy to re-create.
This was so fast (in typical Tania style!) and I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 can garbanzo beans/chick peas drained and rinsed (I used Eden Organics)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I used Muir Glen Fire Roasted diced tomatoes)
- 1 head of dinosaur or curly Kale washed and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the diced tomatoes, olive oil, chickpeas, and garlic and combine. After a couple of minutes, add the kale and lower the temperature to low and let simmer for a few minutes. Enjoy it as is or top the mixture with a piece of baked white fish or poultry.